Thursday, May 15, 2014

Eyes of Peace and Prosperity - Kirtipur



2558th Buddha Jayanti

It was an well boiling weather sun on the high level of brightness.
Reached at the Chilancho Stupa, Kirtipur. as i thought the people were making the like size Dipankar Buddhas which was displayed in Chilancho at Kritipur. 

Chilancho Stupa at Kritipur


Dipankar Buddhas displayed at Chilancho Stupa

As always i was taking some shots., and along came a elderly lady (whom i called "Taama" i.e. Thulo mumi in Nepali) and she said "will you take our pictures. Standing next to the figures" (in Newari) and even she whispered (i guess he doesn't understand our language).

As being a kid from Newar community i replied in Newari and said "Yup.! i do understand you and why not i would love to take your pictures., just be ready and smile".
After, the pictures both Taama said "will you only take pictures or also bring them to us".
i smiled and said "if you want them sure i will drop by" she showed her home and well i promised her to visit her coming Monday.

Two Taama i was telling you about


They asked me where i was from and what i actually did. As being my ancestors form Kirtipur as well i told them our Grand father were form here and all the things i could share. They even called me along for a lunch with Chiya., Kheer and Alu Kawab. Even with the tummy well full gosh it was amaizing.
They treated me as one of their own son., which i felt very heart touching.

Tamma who offered me the lunch and well they also requested me to bring their photos to them


The speech/story of the life of Gautam Buddha was told by the high priest as it was Buddha Jayanti, the birth Anniversary of Lord Gautam Buddha.. the all prayed for Peace and harmony among people..


High priest telling the story of Lord Buddha


Devotee crowd listining to the priest

While i was passing by the croud one of another elderly lady stood up and invited me to her home and also told me there were two 12feet stading tall buddha figures back of the Chilancho stupa and down the alley. 
well curiously i did rushed down the alley to see the standing figure of Gautam Buddha.





All people we so welcoming and also said me to stay a bit longer but gosh i would stay longer but my bad i left my memory pack back at home.
Shame on me.
Well i said "i will be back and i will never froget today."

There are some picture of today and well not much explained but well i just wanted to share you guys my experience and what me and my cameras saw today at Chilancho Stupa at Kritipur

They are as follows....


Dipankar Buddhas






Add caption

Add caption


























No comments:

Post a Comment

FeedBack

Feel free to post comments., critics and what ever you feel.
So., i can improve my blog and make the blogs even better

How do you feel about my Blog.?